We are able to accept orders via the website or in store only. Most credit / debit card transactions are subject to validation checks and are authorised by the card issuer. We accept MasterCard, Visa, Delta, Maestro and Solo. If the issuer of your card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay and / or non-delivery of your order.
No orders will be accepted or processed without a valid card payment in the name of the registered cardholder.
General terms and conditions for website users and customers:
By using this site you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions will apply to all transactions placed online, or in store with The Kit Shop. Please read carefully before placing any order. All contracts shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and any dispute between us will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England and Wales. Nothing in these terms and conditions will be deemed to affect your statutory rights.
Items ordered will be delivered as soon as possible in accordance with the requested delivery service. Charges for the different delivery services can be obtained from calling our Exeter store. All delivery charges are subject to change without prior notice.
Every effort is made to ensure that delivery is made within the estimated time scales and a maximum of thirty days. All goods are subject to availability
In the event of any goods delivered by us being damaged in transit, deficient of items shown on the delivery note or failing to match the items ordered by you, then such details must be notified by you to us within two working days of receipt. If we receive no such notification the customer will be deemed to have accepted the items as satisfactory. We cannot be held liable for any consequential loss caused by late delivery or failure to deliver by the company's appointed carrier. Liability in such cases is limited to the value of those items, which are shown to have not been received by the customer.
One attempt at delivery will be made and if there is no one to receive the goods a card will be left, and the goods will be held for 5 days at the local depot. If the goods are not collected within these 5 days the goods will be returned to The Kit Shop (Exeter) Ltd, and a returns charge of £7.50 will be deducted from the refund of the goods.
BFPO Delivery: Please note that parcels direct from The Kit Shop ( Exeter) LTD to BFPO addresses do not qualify for free delivery as per the BFPO's relatives and friends service, therefore BFPO deliveries will be charged at our standard delivery rates. If you wish to take advantage of the BFPO free delivery scheme for relatives and friends, you will need to take your parcel to the Post Office, or you will have to arrange a for a relative or friend to collect in store and take your parcel to the Post Office.
Returns and Exchanges
We want you to be entirely satisfied with every purchase made from The Kit Shop and strive to offer you excellent quality, value and service at all times. If you wish to return an item for exchange or you have decided not to keep it, please complete the details on the reverse side of your delivery note and send it back to us or bring it in to the store together with the products original packaging and labelling within 14 days. We will exchange or refund the cost of the item(s) where appropriate. All goods must be in a new and unused condition together with a copy of your original receipt, once goods have been dispatched delivery charges are non refundable.
Unfortunately, we are currently unable to process refunds for web orders where the payment method used was PayPal.
If you wish to return any item due to it being faulty, please complete the details on the reverse side of your delivery note giving details of the fault and send it back to us together with the item in its original packaging, where possible, within 28 days. We will exchange the item or refund the full cost including any delivery charges incurred where appropriate. If you are in any doubt, please contact our store and we will advise you on the best manor to go forward. We recommend that all items returned to us be sent recorded delivery with insurance paid as a minimum. Your local Post Office will be able to advise.
All prices are shown in pound sterling (£) and are inclusive of UK VAT at the current rate unless clearly stated otherwise. All prices are subject to change without prior notice.
Sale, and Offers discounted items cannot be purchased in conjunction with any other offer or discount. Unfortunately, promotional codes will not work against sale items - the discounts we usually offer to groups or affiliates are not available on sale items and offers discount items as these products have already been substantially discounted.
The Kit Shop Gift Vouchers can be redeemed for goods in any The Kit Shop store. However, our vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash or gift vouchers or be used as payment on an existing credit agreement.
For purchases in store, where Gift Vouchers used have a greater value than the goods being purchased, Gift Vouchers will be provided as change. Gift Vouchers will expire on the date marked on the Gift Voucher. Gift Vouchers presented after their expiry date will be treated as void and are non-exchangeable and non-refundable. Gift Vouchers have a cash value of zero.
Gift Vouchers cannot be returned or refunded, except in accordance with your legal rights. They should be treated as cash, as The Kit Shop is unable to replace a gift voucher if lost or stolen. The Kit Shop reserves the right to refuse to accept a Gift Voucher, which it deems to have been tampered with, duplicated, and damaged, or which otherwise is suspected to be affected from fraud.
Products are sold singly unless otherwise stated. Every effort is made to ensure the colours depicted on the site match as closely as possible those of the actual product. Due to technical limitations, some colours may vary. You may receive an updated version of the product ordered where we have expended all previous models.
Images of goods on our website are for illustrative purposes only and may differ slightly from the actual goods.
If we do not stock your preferred product, we can try our best to obtain the item direct from the supplier. However, the terms and conditions do change from standard stock and a special order:
- If ordering in store, they will require a 25% deposit on the product
- Delivery can take 2-3 weeks
- You need to be exact on your preference of colour and size. As it’s not a standard stock item.
- No discount can be redeemed against a special order
- The supplier may charge a postal cost for a one off order and small order charge may also be included
- Items ordered cannot be refunded unless they are faulty.
All products offered are guaranteed for a period of twelve months unless otherwise stated from the date of the original invoice against failure to provide reasonable wear owing to defective workmanship or materials. The guarantee excludes faults caused by accident, neglect or misuse.
In the event of a warranty claim, please return the item with a copy of the original receipt to either the location the item was purchased from or to our customer service department at:
- The Kit Shop
- 158 Fore Street
- EX4 3AT
Please identify clearly the area or part that has failed. All items must be returned in a clean, dry condition, otherwise they may be returned to you without attention. Further advice is available by contacting our store during office hours.
Distance Selling Regulations
You have a right to cancel your order within seven working days following the day after the date of delivery for any unused item purchased through the website under the distance selling regulations for refund. This does not apply to any perishable goods, unsealed software or item personalised or made to your specification.
To cancel any item, you can e-mail, call, or write to us with your details and order number. You must take reasonable care of the items, retain all original packaging and must not use them. All goods are returned at your own expense unless the item is deemed faulty or incorrect.
You will receive a refund within thirty days of your notice to cancel. We advise customers to return a product with the original packaging to insure that the product is not damaged on its return journey.
Any complaint or compliment can be sent to our Exeter Store. We will endeavor to deal with you complaint within five working days of receipt. In the event where we cannot resolve your complaint immediately we will advise a likely time scale to you and keep you informed of any investigation.
Any information displayed on our web site(s) or other printed matter by the company is not regarded to be authoritative or certified as the best practice and is only considered to be useful supplementary advice to other certified codes of practice. All information on our web site is updated regularly.
In submitting reviews, you agree to keep your comments civil, tasteful and relevant. In particular, you further agree that your submissions Will:
- Be your own words, not copied from anyone else, and not an impersonation.
- Be in the English language.
- Observe standard email etiquette (for example, the content should not all be in capital letters, or contain HTML tags or excessive typographic symbols).
- Be legal, proper, decent, honest and accurate.
- Be relevant to the Product in question.
- Not contain profanity, swearing, obscenities or any language likely to cause offence.
- Not contain threats, prejudice or hate speech.
- Not be untrue, misleadingly incomplete, defamatory, inappropriate, indecent, obscene, offensive or malicious.
- Not be unlawful, harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful or sexually or racially offensive, or restrict or inhibit any other user from using The Kit Shop Website.
- Not be illegal, or encourage or incite people to commit any crime.
- Not breach the confidence of or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others or infringe any patent, trademark, copyright, moral right, database right, trade secret or other proprietary right of any party
- Not contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage The Kit Shop Website or the operation of another's computer.
- Not contain any personal information or contact details (including address, telephone number, email address, etc) for yourself or anybody else.
- Not contain any advertising or promotion for products or services.
- Not contain a link to any other website.
- Not be a re-posting of the same or a similar review previously submitted by you.
- By submitting a review, you confirm that you own the copyright in your review and you agree to grant The Kit Shop a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide right and license (with the ability to sublicense) to use, reproduce, modify, publish, translate, distribute, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to any such content and/or to incorporate it in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full-term of any rights that may exist in such content.
- You also agree to waive any moral rights in relation to your review for the purpose of posting on this website and the other purposes specified.
- The Kit Shop reserves the right at all times to disclose any information posted by Registered Members as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
- The Kit Shop reserves the right to delete or modify any reviews, at any time, for any reason and is under no obligation to publish any review submitted.
- If notified by a user of content which allegedly does not conform to any of the above terms, The Kit Shop may investigate the allegation and determine in good faith and in its sole discretion whether to remove or request the removal of the allegedly infringing content. The Kit Shop accepts no liability or responsibility for performance or non-performance of such investigation. The Kit Shop reserves the right to terminate or restrict your access to any or all Membership privileges at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever.
- The Kit Shop maintains commercial standards in line with both British and European Consumer Protection Policies. The Kit Shop reserves the right to protect consumers from false, misleading or illegal reviews of product and makes every effort to refer any breach of the laws relating to 'falsely representing oneself as a consumer' to governmental and policing bodies.
Pricing and Print Errors
Prices and specifications are checked to the best of our ability, and whilst every effort has been made to make them accurate, no responsibility will be accepted for errors and omissions. We reserve the right to alter our prices and specifications without notice.
Ownership of Goods
All items supplied to the customer remain the property of The Kit Shop until final payment of all sums owing in respect of those goods has been received in full by us.